Friday, February 8, 2008

Just One Look by Joanne Rock

Just One Look follows Tabitha Everhart who works as a body double for commercials and television shows. Her calm days take a violent turn as she is staked by someone from her past. Enter Warren Vitalis, a ballistic expert for the police, who happened to be passing by Tabitha's apartment the night of her first attack.

It has been a few years since I last read a Blaze. I picked this up for a challenge on my JD Robb group to read a book with either a musical title or something dealing with music in the title. I purchased this book last year because the backcover blurb caught my eye.

I enjoyed the storyline and loved the depth of the book. Both Warren and Tabitha had secrets in their background that made their romance a twisted road to find happiness. As with the Blaze label there is a touch more "sizzle" than with plain Harlequin Romance. I will definitely look for other books by Joanne Rock in the future.

4 of 5

February tally
Harlequins
- 3 (1 SE, 1 RS, 1 Blaze)
Non- Harlequin -
Sub - Total - 3

January tally
Harlequins
- 11
Non- Harlequin -2
Sub-Total - 13

Total - 16

No comments: