Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Heroes


For Nalini Singh's Contest she wanted to hear about our favorite heroes from romance novels, TV or movies and why.

I'm trying to think of romance books I constantly reread.

A new author to me last year.. Robyn Carr has a wonderful series the Virgin River series. I fell in love with the character from the third book in the series (Whispering Rock) Mike Valenzuela. I loved how Mike helped the heroine, Brie, return to life after she was raped. While tough subject... Brie was a survivor and had to learn to trust again and Mike was so loving in helping her slowly regain her confidence.

Roarke from JD Robb's In Death series is wonderful. I love how he takes care of Eve. It doesn't hurt that he is brilliant with computer and has millions. His background makes him a very angsty hero.

Ken "Wildcard" Carmody from Suzanne Brockmann's Out of Control is one of my favorites. I find myself rereading his story when I want a comfort read. Kenny is not tall and does not consider himself good looking. He is resourceful and has a heart of gold.

Conlan from Alyssa Day's Atlantis Rising is a great hero. He has endured major pain and his life full of angst. He leads his Warriors with confidence. I love when he speaks formally to Riley. He doesn't know what to do with a strong female who speaks her mind.

I could go on and on but these four came to mind first.

No comments: